Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 1

The following is a collection of e-mails and Facebook posts that describe the events of Jake's first week following the stroke and life-flight to Denver.   Cheyenne (13 at the time) was our Facebook scribe and faithfully kept a journal of events during the first month in Denver and Missoula while Jake was in the hospitals...........

Cheyenne Wolfe - Facebook Journal

August 7, 2011 at 11:54am

Please pray for Jake... he has a brain hemorrhage, which is bleeding in the brain. He is being flown to Denver.

August 7, 2011 at 2:47pm
They arrived 2:45 in Denver. He is in a stable condition. 20 minutes to Denver Children's Hospital.

August 7, 2011 at 5:17pm
They found a blood clot deep in his brain. They are inserting a catheter to drain blood and reduce pressure while they investigate further the cause of this all. He will go in for surgery as soon as possible.

August 7, 2011 at 7:08pm
They got the catheter in and praise God, the pressure was a lot less than they expected. They can't do the MRI until tomorrow because the pressure, swelling, and blood have to go down first.

August 8, 2011 at 9:46 am
Update on Jake: Whatever was bleeding in his brain has stopped bleeding. The brain is still swollen. There is not a reason or need to do any surgery. Since it is so deep in the brain it is better to let the body heal itself. It's a matter of keeping him stable and keeping the best conditions to let the brain drain itself. Once the swelling goes down and some of the blood goes down they will do an MRI which will probably be later this week.

August 8, 2011 at 9:51 am
Mom is on her way to Denver with Grandpa. Dad heard that once they get there Grandpa will be driving, and Mom will be giving directions... scary!!!! It is Bryant tradition to get lost. Dad said that he is expecting them around 12:00 to 12:30, but after he heard of whose driving he says it might be a while untill they make it! lol

August 8, 2011 at 2:37 pm
They have been slowly taking Jake off of the medicines that had him in an induced coma to see if he can move and respond. When Mr. F walked into Jake's room, Jake recognized his voice and opened his eyes. Then when Grandpa came in, he walked over to Jake and said, "I can still beat you at chess!", and Jake shook his head no! So praise God that he can understand things!

August 8, 2011 at 6:34 pm
Another amazing story: Mom and Grandpa got off the plane and rented a car. As they were driving out they had to stop to be checked or something. After that they asked the man who checked the car for directions to the children's hospital, and Grandpa told him that his grandson was there. When the man heard that he told them that when they got there to find a Bible and read psalm 23 ‎ whipped out her Bible and when he saw that he said that he knew God was going do a miracle, and to have faith and pray that he would! Isn't it amazing how God works!
August 8, 2011 at 7:00 pm
Another!!!!: They were waiting for the swelling to go down to 20 before the MRI and they were expecting that to take a while. But it is already down to 15!!!! Praise God!!!!

August 9, 2011 at 11:18 am
They are attempting to take the tubes out of his throat to let him breathe and swallow on his own. Pray that he would be able to breathe, swallow effectively, that there would be no trauma through this for him, and to pray for the angiogram that he will have on Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment